Anyone with a Mac knows the power of GarageBand, but not all iLife users know the ways to slow or speed up their songs in GarageBand. This video will show you exactly how to change the tempo of your song creations, which is actually a really simple thing to do.
Changing the tempo of a track allows you to increase the speed of track vocals or slow down the lyrics of a song in GarageBand.
To change the tempo of a song:
1. Deselect all audio tracks in GarageBand
2. Press and hold Control + Alt + G
3. Double-click on the track you want to speed up or slow down (your track should turn purple)
4. In the audio region, select FOLLOW PITCH AND TEMPO
5. In the lower LCD panel, cycle through the key measures until you reach the key tempo.
6. Click underneath the tempo button and adjust song speed as needed.
Note: Increasing tempo speeds up a song, decreasing tempo slows down a song.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.